Be the Elephant
By: Steve Kaplan
In business, there's no standing still. The trick is to become an elephant - big enough to make a difference, healthy enough to withstand financial currents, strong enough to influence your market - and smart enough to avoid the pitfalls of growth.
With Be the Elephant, bestselling author Steve Kaplan provides the business-growing playbook for every entrepreneur, CEO, sales professional, small business owner, and manager alike. It's the strategy, the process, the toolbox.
Written in a friendly, no-nonsense style, Be the Elephant takes the mystery and the fear out of growing bigger. It shows you how to address potential downsides, point by point, and provides a 25-question quiz to gauge your business's current health. There are lessons in:
- Strengthening sales, a business's front line
- Vertical and horizontal growth
- Risk versus reward
- How to avoid the twin dilemmas inherent in growth - grow too slowly and wither, or grow too fast and lose control
- And finally, how to chart it and start it, from developing an all-important USP - unique selling proposition- to avoiding the Five Killer Mistakes that can ruin a company
- And from there, how to go forth and Be the Elephant!
Purchase from Amazon here